Hot Huez Hair Chalk
Hot Huez Hair Chalk is a branded hair cake that can be applied to temporarily color hair. As the name suggests, it is made from chalk and does not involve dying the hair. Hot Huez comes in a number of fun, unusual colors and can be used on a full head of hair or on a few select segments of hair to get the desired effect.
How long does it last?
For the majority of people, the hair chalk will wash out the first time they try. It is a good idea to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to restore some of the natural oils that the chalk may absorb. Some hair types will absorb the pigment of the chalk more than others so it may take two to three washes to completely remove the color. Washing hair with shampoo is all that will be needed to get the chalk out of hair so it is a hassle free process.
Hair: Blonde / Brown / Black
It is suitable for all hair types, although it may take more washes to get it out of light colored and chemically processed hair. People with these hair types should pay special attention to the instructions to prevent staining as much as possible. Also, blondes should not apply the chalk to wet hair as this will make the chalk more difficult to wash out afterwards. Hot Huez works best on hair that is free from any products or treatments and the color will take to the hair better if the Hot Huez Primer Spray is used.
Anyone Can Use
This product is designed for anyone who wants to experiment with different and artificial colors without making a commitment to completely change their look. It is also ideal for anyone who is not able to have their hair colored on a day-to-day basis but want to try out a new look for a special occasion or a night out.
How to use it:
- The specially created primer spray should be used before applying the hair chalk so the color takes for the hair more effectively.
- The hair to be colored is placed between the applicator sponge and the chosen chalk compact.
- The sponge and chalk then need to be slid down the hair to evenly cover the strand.
- The Hot Huez sealer spray should be used after the chalk is applied to the hair to keep the color in for as long as possible.
- This process should be repeated on all strands of hair to be colored.
How much does it cost?
Hot Huez Hair Chalk is currently available to order online from for $14.95 plus $7.95 postage and handling. This order includes a set of four hair chalks in ‘fiery fuchsia’, ‘hot pink’, ‘neon green’ and ‘electric blue’. It also includes a carrying case and six pony bands. The order can be easily placed online and payment is protected.
As with any cosmetic product, there is a small chance of an allergic reaction if it comes into contact with the scalp as well as the hair, but it is paraben-free and has been tested to make sure it is as safe as possible. People who have sensitive skin may wish to test a small amount of the product on the skin of their arm to make sure it does not cause any problems over a 24-hour period.
Removing Hair Chalk
There is a possibility the product could stain hair, in which case repeated washes will be sufficient to remove the chalk. It is also advisable to be careful about what materials the product comes into contact with when applying and wearing it, as it can stain clothes and other absorbent surfaces. It is best to wear dark clothing when using Hot Huez Hair Chalk. However, using the sealer spray and possibly Hairspray should stop the hair chalk rubbing off.
The advantages of hair chalk over hair dye:
- Hair chalk is temporary and useful for coloring hair in a way that may not be appropriate for work or school but is fun for going out.
- Hair chalk does not contain the same harsh chemicals as hair dye so it is not as damaging to hair and will leave it in a better condition. It is also easier to reverse.
- The temporary nature of hair chalk means it allows people to try out a variety of colors and styles to find what is best for them and what suits them.
Hair chalk is the latest trend in hair coloring and Hot Huez Hair Chalk is designed specifically for hair so it has been thoroughly tested and has the status of a cosmetic-grade product. It is worth watching the TV advert and videos of the product to see how it is applied and the results that can be achieved.